If you are interested in setting up AIR 3.2 in FlashDevelop, I highly recommend checking out this document created by Rosario Azzarello of http://www.gamedesign.ch/. The directions worked great for the most part, though there were three things I needed to change to make it work. I would suggest trying his directions first, but if it doesn’t work you can try what I did. There were three core things I had to do to get it working…
In Step 5 of the document I instead made a copy of my flexsdk directory (found in C:/FlashDevelop/Tools) and I renamed it flexsdk_air3_2. I then overwrote the flexsdk_air3_2 directory with the downloaded AIR 3.2 SDK. As a result I have both the AIR 3.1 SDK (which came installed with FlashDevelop 4.0.1 RTM) and my currently setup AIR 3.2 SDK as targets.
I had to change what was done in Step 9.b. Here I instead selected the Manage… button. Next I did the following… (reference the image below)
- Selected the … button in the Settings dialog
- Selected the Add button in the InstalledSDK Collection Editor dialog
- Selected the … button in the InstalledSDK Collection Editor dialog and updated the path to the flexsdk_air3_2 directory (mentioned above)
I opened up the SetupSDK.bat file in FlashDevelop (for editing, not running it) and updated the path to point to my flexsdk_air3_2 directory as opposed to the default flexsdk directory. The change looks like this…
:: Path to Flex SDK set FLEX_SDK=C:\Program Files (x86)\FlashDevelop\Tools\flexsdk
:: Path to Flex SDK set FLEX_SDK=C:\Program Files (x86)\FlashDevelop\Tools\flexsdk_air3_2
After doing those three things I was able to publish to my Android phone. Incorporating Captive Runtime worked as well (which is sweet excluding the increase in file size). FlashDevelop makes it super easy to get up and running with its AIR Mobile AS3 App template, and this fact just adds to my respect of FlashDevelop. It is a rad programming IDE!